Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Internet not working

Internet was working fine, apparently there was an outage in my area, which when I check now reckons it's sorted, I've still got no internet though, the lights on my hub 3 are; solid green power light, flashing green internet light and a solid green WiFi light, any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet not working

Rebooted the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Multiple times, via the reset button and unplugging it, all the connections are tight 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please help - our hub3  went down yesterday and we have rebooted and reset several times but still have solid green base light, solid green wifi light but flashing arrows - after an hour on hold finally spoke to the tech line who sent a signal down and rebooted again but no change and can’t access hub remotely.. Have a virtual engineer booked to call this morning but we work from home so desperately need a fix. Our WiFi has been stable since working from home from March but had a V6 box fitted this week and upgrade to M500 - now the hub has gone - coincidence??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Let me know what the engineer says, mines having the same problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

He didn’t call. Managed to access the hub and states internet access denied - finally managed to speak to virgin and reset and reboot made no difference so engineer booked as to do with connection- coming  Saturday!! We work from home so basically screwed. I could cry!! Totally useless Customer service! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How is it useless? You have an engineer booked for the earliest available appointment

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Because we are working from home like everyone else  so Virgin should have upped the anti to make sure we don’t have to wait a week for an engineer! They’ve caused this issue as insisted on us updating to a v6 box and 500mb - we had no issues until this was done last week! 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Majority are working from home, yes.
And residential broadband isn't covered for losses of income or failure to work etc. for home working, regardless of the current "pandemic".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Come on Gaz. Have a bit of empathy. It must be so frustrating working from home and having to wait a week for an engineer. There's a pandemic, times are hard and a loss of income because your internet isn't working can be incredibly hard for some people. I don't think she was suggesting Virgin are liable just venting some frustration that a company providing a vital service aren't living up to expectations.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo