cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working

kieranarstall
On our wavelength

Hello all, 

I had a terrible time when i first joined with latency and packet loss, eventually it went away and i've had a good 6 month run. 

The internet doesn't work again now. Here are the stats: 

1bc5a9b17fd6fcff1101985e11c60fbd06bbbcb0

I'm currently on my virgin media mobile, being charged data to use the internet, let me log on to the broken internet and try and get the up/down channels. 

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for the update Travis. I got a message saying this was fixed on the 28th July, but I guess this was premature. 

Do I receive some form of compensation for loss of service? 

I have a virgin mobile too, and have a data cap but need to go onto the hot spot to be able to reply to you for example. Is there any way you can temporarily lift my data cap so I can use the internet? 

I have phoned your helpline and they have removed my data cap for 7 days on the mobile network, and it was handled efficiently too. I'm stunned at receiving customer service. Thanks and well done. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kieranarstall, thanks for keeping us updated - glad to hear the mobile teams were able to help with the data-cap.

Compensation for loss of service is provided automatically as per these guidelines: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation - SNR doesn't always meet the criteria to be eligible for reimbursement as it's not always total loss of service, but if it is it will reflect on your account within 30 days of the fault being fixed. 

Please feel free to keep in touch so we can check for further updates and take further action if required.

Tom