cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet maximum latency spikes cutting out 3/5 times a day

moonies
Dialled in

After 7+ technicians to my house, countless- i mean countless hours (2/3 hours a day) phone calls. and being fobbed off and more. this is my last attempt with virgin media.

My internet runs great when it does. I am a streamer online and i try to make a living streaming. but virgin media won't let me.

i have had experiences of cutting out 1-5 times a day. i have had networking involved, the cabinet checked, routers replaced, caps put on the router to "balance levels" literally 3 days ago as he walked away smiling saying its fixed. well, surprise surprise yet again here we are.

I beg , i literally beg someone knows a solution. the problem is green spikes so bad that it cuts off the internet. we have two virgin media modems in the house. one is a hub3, one is a hub4. i am in modem mode with both of them. one using a nighthawk router (£250) and one using a rog asus ax11000 (£500). as you can spot both spike at the same time. this doesn't happen all the time but more often it does. i have worse logs that spike 5x a day and continuously cuts me off for hours. i have had technicians all over the county look and they all say they fixed this or fixed that. im well in reach of cancelling my contract as i have had over 3 technicians in 30 days ot my house. todays my last leg with virgin if this can not be resolved. because of this im losing money and struggling to pay rent because of continuous cut offs.

the hub 4 logs

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0b7926f4c5b69bf7712ae1ceeb66a542021d1d4c

the hub 3 logs

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/019b5eb1ac0122891720bc9d49d7467891694d6d

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for the reply. Things have settled down for now but very worried it’s going to start going off again. It’s extremely lucky for me to have at least three days without at least a cut off . Look forward to the reply thank you 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Do you stream 24/7? even when asleep?

---------------------------------------------------------------

sometimes yes.

Thanks for updating us @moonies, how are things at the moment with your connection?

Regards,

Steven_L

thanks for the reply, strangely since posting this my internet has been absolutely flawless with 0 issues, for now ill say this is solved under the presumption of coincidence for it to begin working randomly. thank you.

Hi @moonies

We are very happy to hear that 🙂

Please do let us know if any more issues occur and we will do our best to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide