cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

casserced
Up to speed

For a month or so now, my internet connection drops, sometimes 10 times or more a day.

It usually lasts a few seconds, sometimes it can last for over a minute. It is the frequency with which it happens.

Last night streaming a programme it happened 5 times in one hour.

This morning again, checking emotely I can see my connection is down again but this time it has been offline for the past 10 minutes. 

Like many nowadays, door bell, security camera, hive system, streaming etc, all affected every single time

Am London N4 area. 

Any suggestion? 

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi casserced,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been facing an intermittent connection recently, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is currently an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in your area, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working to resolve this ASAP.

Current estimated fix time is 15/08/23 @ 12:00, you can register for updates Via your Online Account.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused, if you need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi

I saw there were problems today, but I am not sure that would explain the past weeks of intermittent connection drop. Theer must be something else that has been causing this issue.

Regards

The issues is an SNR which is noise on the network, this may have been present for a while before being picked up, the issue which such faults is finding the cable and then because they are underground we need permission from the local council to carry out the needed work.

Regards

Paul.

casserced
Up to speed

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is there an estimated fix date for this? It is difficult to do anything with constantly dropping connection.

Regards

Antoine

The estimated fix which can change is today by 12pm.

Regards

Paul.

casserced
Up to speed

In true VM style the 12 noon was pushed to 16h, then to tomorrow!

But since the status page shows all services being normal.... except  that connection keeps dropping as before. Had to stop watching the programme I was streaming. 

I suspect this may drag on for weeks on end

😞

Apologies for delays, the fault has a reference of F010882865 and now shows an estimated fix time of 3.10am on the 16th August 2023.

Rob

casserced
Up to speed

Now moved to 12 noon today 

😞

So, according to the status page, the fault has been repaired.

However my connection still drops on and off as before.

What next, please?