Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping

over the last couple of days our internet has been constantly dropping in and out, we havent changed anything, we use our router in modem modem and have a separate router, its only been happening the last few days but is really annoying for calls for work etc, anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping

What's dropping exactly? Wired or wireless connections? Do all devices drop at the same time or is it sporadic?

Do any of the lights change on either the hub or router when a drop occurs?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It happens for both wired and wireless connections, and its intermittent, ive reset the router and virgin hub but it continues to happen. 

in terms of what is happening, the internet signal just disappears for a few seconds, then comes back, then drops out again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i have tried resetting all routers and modems, i added a monitor to it and it seems the latency keeps going up:

My Broadband Ping - Home virgin broadband

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanSolo, 

Thank you for posting to the Community.

My sincere apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

I have taken a look at your account and can see you have recently spoken to our team regarding the issue.

Have you seen any improvements since then?

Let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

i havent been able to get anythng useful out of anyone, there was some work done in our area the other day but there still seems to be some latency issues and packet loss, is it possible to get it looked at further?

thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me DanSolo. 

I will need to confirm some details with you in order to discuss what has already been discussed on the account so I will pop you over a private message and we can go from there. 

You can access the private message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos