Menu
Tonisuze
Settling in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps dropping out

Ive been with virgin years and my internet has never been this bad. For weeks now the internet just randomly goes off and i have to turn it off and on at the hub to get it back. Ive called and had someone come out and changed the wires because my son is not getting very good wifi in his room and ive also called about this problem and they did a test and did something, but the problem is still there. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model do you have and what are the different Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tonisuze
Settling in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes the wired connections drop aswell

0 Kudos
Tonisuze
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have the hub 3. Im not entirely sure what colour the lights where. I didnt check before turning it off and on sorry.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What Hub?

in any case do this...

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up (or top right on SH's) and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tonisuze
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its the hub 3

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Tonisuze 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband. 

Please can follow the advise listed above? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos