cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping and no coverage in one bedroom.

ImzTaj
Just joined

I have been getting poor speeds for months constantly dropping Internet connection and am unable to get coverage in 2 of my 3 bedrooms. I am.paying for up to 200mbps however am receiving less than 5mbps at most times.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You pay for a broadband connection, not WiFi, it’s not guaranteed due to so many factors outside of VM’s control. You should investigate the VM pods or better still own router and/or Wireless Access Point if you want good WiFi.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speeds are you getting over a wired Ethernet connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ImzTaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't getting your expected speeds and that the WIFI isn't reaching the whole of your property, 

There are so many factors when it comes to WIFI, I would suggest trying our Connect App, with this you can diagnose and fix most WIFI issues, we also now have our Intelligent WIFI which comes with our new Pod and will make sure your whole property is covered with WIFI these are free on our Oomph package and £5 per Month on all other, this charge covers up to 3 Pods.

I have noticed that your Hub has not been rebooted for 22 Days, first can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi Hi ImzTaj,,

Have a look at our Intelligent WIFI  and Connect App you will find both really useful?

Regards

Paul.