Menu
rdh1502
Joining in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting from mobile devices, wired connection fine

Hi Emma, 

Thanks for taking a look. 

It's very hard to pin down, it happens fairly consistently throughout the day, but there is no particular pattern.

I will try to capture some times for you.

Thanks
Rich 

0 Kudos
rdh1502
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

This issue is still occurring. There are frequent internet drop offs, even though WiFi signal strength appears to be good.

i has just happened across several devices simultaneously.

i have also recently installed a security camera which also loses internet connection frequently even when there is a good WiFi signal strength.

please advise.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You have a SH2 - so take a look at my reply in message 7 of this thread - see if that helps.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Virgin-wi-fi-keeps-dropping-out-Help/td-p/3...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi rdh1502,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rdh1502
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, 

I am using the cabling supplied with the hub. 

This is happening across multiple devices, windows laptops but is most notable on mobile devices (currently iPhone 7 - two different devices and an iPad mini 2). All of these devices are working fine on other wifi networks. 

The signal strength appears to be good, but internet connection is dropping off very slow or non existent, forcing us to switch between the 2g and 5g networks to regain connectivity. This is often resolve the issue temporarily, sometimes for several hours, sometimes for a few minutes and at times neither will have an active internet connection. 

Thanks
Rich 

0 Kudos