cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting at around midnight

Hayl3y
Joining in

Hi all, my internet keeps disconnecting at around midnight most nights & can take around 30 minutes to re-connect, lots of switching on & off etc

its becoming very annoying as I’m a late night watcher on my iPad 

this has been happening for about 3 months now, I called up but to be honest the girl I spoke to was not great, just wanted me to up my internet speed, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the speed as I work from home & never have issues in the day 

any advice would be gratefully accepted 

Hayley 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM often do work on the network at that time - but every night for 3 months is unusual. Can you do a BQM in order to see and record the drops as evidence to VM

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hayl3y,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection in the evening.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see a few of the hubs levels are out of specification. Are you able to perform a reboot of the hub, and I will check the levels again.

Alex_Rm

I have rebooted - thank you for looking into this for me 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Hayl3y,

Thank you for doing that, it seems this fixed the errors appearing on your Hub.

How is it for you today?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've been having this issue too for the last 3 nights just before midnight, is hugely disruptive when you're in the middle of playing something with a group of friends 😂

What was the fix?

Hi @Olninyo

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the service in the evening.

I have taken a look at things from our side and there was a recent outage in your area.

This is now showing as resolved.

If you are still having the same issue please pop back to us here and we can look into this further for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

I am also having this issue. Our WiFi keeps disconnecting around Midnight and 1am. This has been happening ever since we got the WiFi which is about a month now.

Hey there @RicaO, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Wi-Fi drop outs.
May I ask if you're able to disconnect all cables, reconnect them and perform a pin hole reset on the hub? (Pop a pin in the reset pin hole, found at the back of the hub for 40 seconds).

Can you also check here to see if there's any area faults? Please sign in and run a diagnostics check.
Let us know how it goes and we can go from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mitko
Joining in

Same issue here.

Currently no Internet at all after I raised complaint...New year present I guess 😔