Menu
Highlighted
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

I have a JVC Smart TV (Model LT-43C790). In recent weeks we have turned the TV on (from standby) to find it has disconnect from its WiFi connection to the Virgin Superhub. By going through the TV's setting it will reconnect via the WPS route. Any suggestions as to why this could be happening and what to do to keep it connected?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

What hub model do you have.

0 Kudos
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have a Virgin Superhub 3.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TV has an Ethernet port so connect to the hub by cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I can see that would be a workaround, however the TV is soon to be moved into another room so that wont be a practical option so I want to resolve it before I move the TV.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hubs wireless is bad your option is to use modem mode and get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports.

0 Kudos
MontyMole
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying that the Virgin Superhub is not good enough to connect wirelessly to a TV in the same room as it?
This isn't happening during watching videos - it is when you go to any app on the TV that it notifies you that it is no longer connected. When you re-hook it up to the router via wifi it works fine for all video playback.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could go into the Hub settings and disable smart wifi and then rename the SSID's of the 2 networks to clearly separate them - call them Monty-5ghz and Monty-2ghz (or similar) - give them the same password.
After the restart the V6 will show both bands in its network connection options and you can connect to the one of your choice individually. The 5GHz band will be "better" although its "range" is less than the 2.4. So try the 5 first.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.