Menu
Highlighted
Riki
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Hi,

I use Vivid 350 and I am happy with the speed (especially with ethernet cable).

However, about 6-8 weeks ago I noticed (when I was watching streaming TV) problems with lost connections. In 80% my TV automaticly refresh connection, but in 20% I had go to TV Sony setting and refresh it manually.

I though it was related to TV hardware or maybe app software, but I noticed it on other devices and when I started to play online games on my PC, when internet connection must be stable all the time, but I have been many time disconnected (for very short time). This happen especially in the evening time.

Because of this issue it impossible to play online game (as I was usually disconnect in very important moment), so for gaming I use my 02 mobile phone as a hot spot.

This issue is not such burdensome when visiting ordinary website, downloading , but is really annoying for gaming or TV streaming.

I realized, after disconnecting most devices are reconnecting few seconds later, but sometimes it takes 30-60 sec.

What I did to fix it.

[1] Switch off router for whole night – did not help
[2] Connected by Ethernet cable – did not help
[3] In router DHCP settings I was even trying to reserve IP address to my computer – did not help

The most often problem are late in evenings/nights. Bellow some network logs from yesterday:

2018-09-07 20:54:48.00
Warning!
RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
critical
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Warning!
RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2018-09-07 20:54:55.00
critical
SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
2018-09-07 20:54:55.00
Warning!
2018-09-07 21:51:45.00
critical
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

@Riki wrote:

Hi,

Because of this issue it impossible to play online game (as I was usually disconnect in very important moment), so for gaming I use my 02 mobile phone as a hot spot.

Many gamers using the Hub3 have complained of the same issue and believe it to be related to the Puma6 chipset problem (do a search for that).  A new firmware update is currently being rolled out that is reported to help overcome the issue - has yours been updated (search for latest firmaware).  Also it might help if as well as the logs, you post your Downstream and Upstream statistics.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Riki
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the clue,

So hopefully it will be sorted sooner or later, but I least I got a clue.

I did this latency scan Yesterday, what do you think:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/dbbee4f1f4b55d9dc8670c757626ad133f...

It was OK last days, so hopefully its happen time to time. In bad case scenario I will buy a new modem.

It was even a lawsuit related to this problem.
Intel's buggy Puma 6 chipset earns Arris a gigabit-modem lawsuit:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/11/intel_puma_6_arris/
0 Kudos
Riki
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Related to this topic:

Intel Coughs to Puma CPU Flaw that Hit Virgin Media Hub 3 Router UPDATE

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/intel-coughs-to-puma-cpu-flaw-that-hit-virgin-media-hu...

0 Kudos