cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps cutting out

Annemarie24
Tuning in

Hi, can someone help me please. I'm having issues with my Internet connection keep, cutting off completely this is happening throughout the day. And it cuts out for around 1 minute each time, making it impossible to game online etc. 

41 REPLIES 41

Hi Annemarie24, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community to let us know how the visit went. 

When an engineer has found an issue with cables or the cabinet, they raise it themselves with the network teams and a job is then raised for the work to be completed. It can sometimes take a few weeks for them to get things resolved so for now, it will be a case of remaining patient whilst the work is done. 

Once that is completed, the connection should improve for you and you'll no longer have any issues. 

As a side note, the forum is not an instant messaging service and it can take us a few days to pick up your posts. I can see you've sent me a private message. we have not ignored this thread, it's been picked up in the order we've received the posts. If you need a more immediate response then you should call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 instead. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OK THANKS.

Hi Annemarie24, 

It's no problem at all. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know so we can help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

so i have just been on the phone to one of your very UNhelpful colleagues, and to be quite honest it would be easier for me to get sense from hitting my head against a brick wall. they really dont have a clue about anything, my internet is still not working, dropouts are getting more and more frequent. she has told me that no one will tending to the cabinet because they tended to it on the 29th july. however as i already told them the engineer didnt visit my property until the 18th august. she has no clue what im talking about with the power levels etc. i need this issue fixing, otherwise iim going to be forced to cancel my whole contract. i am going to forward my complaint onto the CEO via email. but this issue really needs fixing. this is the bqm from the last 24 hours and as can be seen there is frequent dropouts in my connection. Screenshot_20220826-115058_Chrome.jpg

Hi @Annemarie24 thanks a lot for your reply, and I'm really sorry to hear you were frustrated after speaking to our Contact Centre.

We have previously mentioned that it can take a couple of weeks from your visit, before the network teams are able to get the technicians out to resolve the cabinet issue and as things stand, we do not yet appear to have reached that timescale so please kindly wait, until we contact you about this visit.

I do sincerely apologise though that the agent you spoke to has given you misinformation, I can appreciate that this only adds to your frustrations here.

I'm sure we'll reach out to you soon regarding the appointment but if this hasn't happened after the previously mentioned timescales, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi please can someone help, im still having issue with my internet, i spoke to virgin on the phone a few time over the last 2 months also regarding this and the end result was that the area manager was going to look into it, however that was around 2 weeks ago and i hav'nt heard anything since, my internet has been terrible with regular wifi dropouts. im attaching a picture of my BQM monitor which shows the dropouts on there. Screenshot_20221004_200018_Chrome.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Annemarie24,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the delays with this, can I ask just to clarify on the area manager response, was it advised that an appointment would be booked from there?

Secondly was the last point of contact two weeks ago?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi, yes i had made a complaint by phone regarding the ongoing issue, and the outcome of the complaint was that the area manager was going to investigate the issue, and that they would contact me to let me know if they needed to come out to my property to solve the issue, or if they were able to solve it at the cabinet etc. The telephone call i had last was the outcome of the complaint which was roughly 3 weeks ago now. However i have not heard anything since and the issue i have is still ongoing, and as can be seen in my BQM i posted, there is a fair amount of drop-outs. 

Morning Annemarie24

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am going to send you another tech out as your upstream channels are out of spec and also email the field manager for your area for an update. 

I'll send you a PM now to book this in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Annemarie24

Sent you the PM with the date for the visit. I shall be in touch also via this thread, when heard back from the field manager.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill