cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps cutting out and I have to restart hub to get it working

Littlewigan
Joining in

Hi 

My hub 4 keeps cutting out I spoke with Virgin last week and they said it is a problem they know about and are working on it but when I restart my hub it kicks back in, I don’t want to be restarting it every time it cuts out.

is anybody else having issues like this because I am beginning to think my hub is the fault and Virgin has no issues.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for known issues here

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Cheers for the response

I have rang the number and there are no issues in our area and also went online and got the same answer. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sounds like there is no fault that they know about and the agent just fobbed you off.. to move on

We can troubleshoot som here - so first ...what do you mean by "cutting out". Is it switching itself off - or are you just losing connectivity from time to time?

If so... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Littlewigan, thanks for posting on the forum page with your issue.

We're sorry to hear of the drop outs on your broadband connection recently, could you please let us know more on what's the exact problem caused with this? 
Is the connection dropping while on the WiFi or ethernet connections too? 
Also, do all your devices experience the same issue or only some of them and does this happen to every device at the same time?

One more useful thing to know is how many devices are in use (average) on a daily basis and what speed you're on (based on your bundle).

Since it is not related to your area network, this may require some fixes or a technician depending on the findings when troubleshooted.
Could you please visit this link here and follow the steps to find any faults with your service and attempt some fixes suggested there?

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help from us, happy to further assist you if needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs