Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet issues

Hi, 

Ive been having internet issues on and off for months. I have followed all the trouble shooting guides, reset and rebooted the hub and still my laptop and mobile won’t find my internet. It’s becoming frustrating as I can’t speak to anyone and I also can’t do my job. Waiting around for a reply doesn’t help when I can’t give my manager a reason as to why my internet isn’t working. 

Originally my previous hub I had for several years and was upgraded to hub 3. Since then I’ve noticed the connection still drops out and yesterday there was an outage and I rebooted the hub after and did the run a test on the app and it still says I have issues. I’m so frustrated now that I think i will be looking for a new provider as this service is ridiculous m. I’ve followed all the requests and still I’m sat with no internet and unable to work. Having been with Virgin for quite a number of years it looks like I will have to go elsewhere to get internet that is reliable.

Don’t know how to fix the problem and can’t get help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet issues

What’s dropping? Wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless.

Have never used wired connection. Have done full hub reset but when looking for the VM internet to connect to it’s not showing on laptop or phones and they are set to auto connect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you try with a wired connection please 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I can’t try with a wired connection as I said I don’t work in the same room as my hub and due to my job can’t be I the same room as others. Thank you for trying to help but at this point I have chosen after 7 years to change provider and will certainly not be using Virgin Media again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why can't you go into the other room, connect to the Hub with an ethernet cable and do a speed test then disconnect and go back to the other room.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos