cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues - area 21

Systivan
Tuning in

Hi all. Internet has been playing up since last night (area 21 seems to be having issues). Low speeds, intermittent connection, impossible to work! Called Virgin Media but can't get through to a human, machine says I'll get sent free text updates but so far no updates for how long this will go for. My partner and I are working from home and we already used all my phone data and will need to purchase more - will Virgin refund us for this? Anyone with the same issue that has any information?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As well as trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

But all it will give you is an "estimated" fix date/time

VM compensation on residential services, only cuts in after 48 hours of constant outage - your is intermittent - so no - you wont qualify for that.

Residential services have no SLA - you would get that if you had a "Business" account - but how much that would help I dont know. Cant see how it could be a "quicker" fix if some Utility worker has put their digger bucket through the cable. But compensation may be better.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Systivan,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.
Checking your account, I can see there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009562102   
  • Estimated fix time: 17 JAN 2022 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Due to the complexity of the fault, you should get a connection a majority of the time but you will have disconnections and slow speeds. If possible, try and connect through an ethernet cable to strengthen the connection.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs