cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops with WiFi Superpods

Mtsuper
Tuning in

Hi, I’m having issues with intermittent drops in connectivity. Virgin tech support say I should upgrade my broadband package but wanted to check here first. 

ISSUE: intermittent drops in connectivity from devices - mainly iPhones, laptop and Apple TV. Device says it’s connected but cannot browse web pages or experience buffering when streaming. Status of Hub and all Superpods show OK. Can happen at any time of day  

CONFIG: M100 package. Hub 3 router placed on middle floor. Three storey townhouse with 3 Superpods placed on each floor. 
Devices: around 30 clients, mixture of iOS devices, laptop, Amazon and Google smart speakers, 3 Nest cams, Apple TV. Usage is about 30GB per day mainly from Apple TV.

CURRENT STATUS: Tech support are stating I need to upgrade M100 package to at least M350. They are stating that the package is directly linked to the number of concurrent connections, eg M100 supports 6 devices, M200 8-10, M350 12-14, 1Gig 30-35. However, I cannot see the correlation between upgrading the bandwidth and device connectivity if the Hub remains the same. They cannot give me any stats per device, as I thought perhaps it was a single device that was causing the issue. 

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Mtsuper,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection. 

What's been advised already is correct, upgrading the broadband speeds would not resolve any connection issues you may be experiencing, I'm sorry for any confusion over this.

However if you do have a lot of WiFi devices connected you may need a higher broadband speed for this reason.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for replying. I have around 30 connected devices but most are IoT devices, such as smart speakers, taking up very little bandwidth. Support wasn’t able to tell me if it there was a single (or group of) devices causing the issue. My WiFi config (with the Superpods) is as per the recommendations.

How many devices do you have connected to the pods themselves?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I wouldn't know as I don't have any utilities to tell me this. It would be good if I could use the Plume Homepass app with VM but cannot

Hi Mtsuper, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The access for the Plume Homepass app is specifically for those customers. VM customers don't have a subscription with them as your pods are supplied directly through us. 

Looking at your Hub, everything is looking good from this side so the only thing we can give you is our WiFi link to optimise things. I can see you already have the maximum number of pods so if you are still having an issue with WiFi connection then the only other thing we can advise is to go down the route of a third party router or mesh system. 

I know this wouldn't be the news you're hoping for but everything is looking fine from this end I'm afraid so nothing more we can do. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs