0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 32 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet drops out over 60 times a day

@Rachael_F wrote:

Hi svalentine60,

If you ever require instant or urgent assistance, we'd always recommend giving us a call to speak with us in a live environment.

Rachael

Rachael as you are back in now - it must be obvious from all of the data that has been posted she has a connection problem , can you not just contact them privately and arrange a senior engineer visit ?  If not, what is the point of being here ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
svalentine60
Joining in
Message 33 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely not anymore. I always get put through to an overseas call centre and not once in months have I ever had any resolution via those means. They have a script they cannot deviate from and have no technical knowledge at all. I'm unsure what you believe i have been doing for the past few months. If you check my account you will see how many times I have called.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 34 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Lets hope Rachael or another VM person contacts you on here or by PM and gets this sorted this afternoon.
If not I wil PM one or two Superusers who are able to deal with the Mods directly.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
svalentine60
Joining in
Message 35 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying to help. I'm expecting another engineer between 12pm and 4pm. Internet is on at the moment and has been for around an hour which is good. Problem with that it they never see a problem when its intermittently on. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 36 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Good - before they start show them your BQM traces and also point out the T3 timeouts in the Network Logs and ask why they are there if there is no connection problem

--------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 37 of 40
Flag for a moderator

i will jump in @Rachael_F - just giving you a [sort of] shout - this needs more than a tech - a senior tech or a network engineer to my mind - changing the hub is pointless - the clue must be in the bqm 

add to that the rs errors are possibly not being shown as the hub is constantly rebooting so maybe the zeros we are seeing and off the graph in fact [just a guess]

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 38 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for your concern and attention regarding this matter. Just to clarify the situation and keep everyone up-to-date, I was already in private conversation with svalentine60 and working towards a resolution.

We have an engineer attending the property today and I escalated this to request a senior tech. I also recommended that svalentine60 provide the above logs to give the engineer a better idea of the situation.

As there are limits to what we can discuss on the public side of this forum, I didn't wish to confirm this information prior to discussing it further with svalentine60 or them having shared the details themselves. However, rest assured that I was taking all appropriate steps behind the scenes and had confirmed the specifics with svalentine60 in a private message, prior to posting on the public thread.

I did begin my most recent public post with an acknowledgement that I had already responded privately, and then advised that the subsequent information was intended for any others who may be following. I wished to advise regarding the potential delay to responses, just in case anyone was worried that we leave customers hanging on here, and to ensure that any customers reading this thread are aware that this is not a live form of contact if this is what they are looking for.

I will continue to monitor this situation via private conversation with svalentine60 as far as they wish me to do so.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks,

Rachael

svalentine60
Joining in
Message 39 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Please also inform them of what you have actually said re private message. That after months of intermittent internet if any at all I am not entitled to any compensation or money back from my bills. You are certainly much different in private conversation than on the public forum. As said before, why is a customer not entitled to any money back they have paid for services not given? As said before I await a phone call for the possibility of a 'gesture of goodwill' whatever that is.

The engineer arrived and for the first time could see all the timeouts before he even arrived. He replaced the leads leading from outside into my home and all the leads inside. He went to the box at the end of my street and moved my position in there in case the point i was placed in was dodgy. All i know is that since then i have had no problems for the first time in months. I have no idea why i am not being made to feel as an annoyance or why you think it is ok to charge for services that are not as advertised and that have caused us to have to pay and use our mobile internet data instead. I await a phone call on this matter that I am sure will never come.

Thank you everyone for the help. Fingers crossed the problem doesn't come back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi svalentine60,

I have responded to your latest private message, but will also explain our compensation process here for others to refer to.

As this was an intermittent fault, you would not be eligible for automated and pre-defined service credits under our Automatic Compensation Scheme. This is a scheme which has been arranged by Ofcom, who continue to regulate the application of the process for all subscribed internet providers. This scheme was intended to standardise the compensation received by customers in certain situations, both within and between different providers' customer bases.

Separate to these contractual credits that would be applied automatically is the possibility of a "gesture of goodwill". This is different in that it is not a credit or action which we must take due to any rules or regulations, but rather an individual acknowledgement of a particular service failure (whether that be media service, or any other aspect of your experience with us). Such offers of resolution would be assessed on a case-by-case basis and would take into consideration all factors of the situation in question.

I hope that clarifies things for everyone, although you can always refer to our dedicated help pages for further details and full T&Cs.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos