cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping

George-2000
Tuning in

Hi there,

My internet is randomly dropping in and out, I am connected via Ethernet.

I have changed over the bands to an unpopulated channel, and this has helped briefly. 

We had the old router, and it was alright and then they brought in the new router and that didn't work properly, Virgin said it was on their side and "activated" it and it worked. But now, it isn't working again.

I do have an engineer coming again, but would like any advice. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don’t forget if it’s the 2.4 band you can only use 1,6 or 11. This is because of the bandwidth which overlaps the other channels.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor,

It is on Channel 11, I have been running a ping command to my router for the past 20 minutes and it has dropped out 32 times and has had 2 "general failures". 

Hi George-2000

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've not been able to locate the system for you via the forum details, how did the engineer visit go?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

An engineer visited over a week ago to replace the old router with a new one. After leaving, the problem sadly persisted.
I am receiving replies from the IP address, however whenever i perform any actions (e.g. opening a webpage), the request times out. It happens for nearly every action I make, therefore preventing me from using the internet for many things and making online calls impossible. Was waiting to receive a text for another engineer to come and visit but sadly no text for the whole week. Very concerned now as it has been a month. Hopefully there will be a fix otherwise sadly may have to change providers :(.

- George

Update, found a solution, internet is now working as intended 🙂

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Geaorge-2000,

Thanks for posting here with your issue and sorry to hear of the trouble you had with the drop-outs at your broadband connection.

We are glad to see this has now been resolved for you and you are not experiencing any further performance issues, please feel free to pop back here with a message in case you are facing problems with your services in the future and we will be glad to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs