Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out

Been having problems for weeks now with our internet going off for approx 30 to 45 seconds then reconnecting. When it goes off the hub white light stays on with no other lights flashing, when it comes back on, it’s instant, NOT like when the hub has been turned off manually (rebooting) then back on again and having to wait for it going through it’s flashing light process.
Every device goes off then reconnects after 30 to 45 seconds.                                     It’s doing this umpteen times a day, No set pattern.                                                          My wife is working from home and needs the internet, she’s NHS Mangement Accountant and is finding it frustrating having to keep signing back in, also it’s not very good when she is on TEAMS meeting.
I have phoned Virgin to just get automated messages saying there is nothing wrong with the line and to reboot the hub, which does nothing😡                                           It’s getting so frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out

Are these wireless or wired devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

These are wireless devices 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do wired devices also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got no wired devices, only wireless.

Thanks for taking time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you borrow a wired device or get an adapter to connect a phone/laptop etc to the Hub by ethernet to do the test.

There is a good chance that your network connection is fine (as VM say) and your issue is just a wifi one that you will need to sort yourself (with help on here of course!).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a PC which can be connected but I don’t have time to just sit in front of that waiting to see if it goes off. As I said in my first post, there is no set pattern when it goes of, it’s random times. We would just like to be able to get hold of someone to arrange for an engineer to come and sort it but that’s like getting hold of a gold pig.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They won't send an engineer if it's just wireless devices dropping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Russ1959 wrote:
I have a PC which can be connected but I don’t have time to just sit in front of that waiting to see if it goes off.

When the connection drops on your wifi device, get off the sofa and walk to the PC and see if it will connect to the internet.

An engineer will not attend to fix wifi issues - unless its totally borked of course - which yours isn't.  If it is just wifi, invest in your own better quality wireless equipment and just use the Hub as the modem

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Excuse me, 1) I am not sat on the sofa. 2) I am also busy. 3) my wife is sat at a desk. 4) the PC and hub are in a different room and as it only goes off for approx 30 seconds, by the time I would get to the PC it would be back on again. I wasn’t expecting a nasty remark like that. Also if I’m having trouble with a Virgin item, it’s obviously Virgins problem, not mine. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos