Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out constantly

Hello community,

The WiFi at home has been dropping out constantly since the lockdown. We are in the SW8 area. Anyone knows what’s happening? 

We have tried to plug unplug turn it on turn it off and none of these work.

I had a chat with customer service, they said they will ask technician to call me to resolve the problem. Unsurprisingly, nobody call!

anyone knows how I can deal with this? Should I just cancel the contract?

Thanks,

YY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out constantly

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having this problem. I know it can be annoying but you need to contact vm again and let them know what's happened. You can download the virgin media connect app, be earlier to make contact and book an engineer.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried to call and use the messager in the app and on the website. Neither of them got picked up by VM. ....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What lights are flashing on your hub? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We are having the exact same issue - at least you're getting a response so following with baited breath. Managed to get through to someone on the phone yesterday who confirmed that there was an issue in our area eventhough the website said everything was fine. Before they could say what the issue was apparently their system suddenly "crashed" so they promised to ring back in 10 minutes. Of course the call never happened, and got an automated message to say all call centres were closed. Turned to the forum and no response still. Got hold of a text number which just ended with "an agent will be in touch within 2 - 4 hours". 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ameer,

it was the Green bar at the bottom flashing. WiFi sign in green, double arrow in green flashing. 

thanks,

YY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No connection at all

Hi, 

Our WiFi at home has stoped working since this morning. I tried to call, message in the app and on the website on Twitter and cannot get anyone to help me with my problem. 

It has been 48 hours since the time they said they would call back. 

We secure all the connections of the hub and cable. Switch on and off the hub. Still not working. 

Can’t anyone in the group give me some help? Or what’s the quickest way to get a refund for the service that isn’t working at all? 

Thanks,

YY

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection at all

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Engineer never come

We have the engineer booked twice, one through the community, the other one via customer service. On the day they should come, we just got a text says the area problem has been fixed and we got cancelled. 

The problem is never solved. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer never come

@Yingyingchen29 Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your three threads into one.

The VM booking system automatically cancels engineer visits if an area fault is discovered as this could be the reason for your issue.  If it is not then another engineer booking has to be made.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos