Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping every few minutes

Hi, 

After failing to get through to a Voice at Virgin Media, I am struggling to get any improvement with my WiFi Broadband connection .

Over the last 4 weeks we have been having problems with our connection, which day by day is getting worse. I have been relying on trying to use my phones hotspot which is affecting my phones data usage. This is not what i pay £57 a month for. 

Moreover, I am using tele-medicine to look after my patients. Today, I have been unable to call several of my patients using video calling, as I have struggled to have wifi. This is unacceptable and I require a resolution as having to pay for such a poor service is ridiculous, especially when other services are actually offering more support than normal to look after their customers. 

I have tried resetting the hub, to no avail. 

I look forward to hearing from you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping every few minutes

Does a wired connection work and not drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no change
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Hub3 has not got the best WiFi out there, but in the current situation you cannot really blame VM for WiFi problems. The 2.4Ghz WiFi band is extremely congested as there are only 3 channels you can use. At this moment I can see over 40 SSIDs transmitting on the 2.4Ghz band, so it’s no wonder people get a bad service. The number of SSIDs I am seeing has definitely increased since the lockdown and people are using WiFi more often. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand what youre saying but I have virtually no internet and this is only getting worse - i'm not paying for this service so I believe I deserve an answer from Virgin Media. 

Its rally unfair that Ive had to resort to a forum to get any answers

0 Kudos