cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping every 20-40 minutes all day since Friday 7/08/2021

SamCW17
Joining in

As the title says, my internet has been dropping consistently since last Friday and less consistently since the start of last week. 

Did the only tests said it the connection to my flat was fine. 

Phoned Virgin up they said, oh hey, there are issues, this was on Saturday, they said there are engineers on site and should be sorted by late Saturday night. 

Sunday was a right off, Monday was a write off, called them back Monday, the new adviser said, no, it usually takes a week and there are no notes promising an overnight fix (Great customer service btw /s) Said there seems to be a problem in the area and that engineers are on site, but could take a week or more. Great, I work from home, that's not going to disrupt my working day..

Tuesday was a write off and called back wednesday where they said again, engineer on site...whatever that means. 

My hub light is Orange, can't seem to find out what that means, it's always been white. 

I use a Wired Connection, done all the normal stuff of resetting and using different ethernet sockets. 

2 REPLIES 2

lotharmat
Community elder
Try calling 0800 561 0061 to see if there is a fix date .

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you @SamCW17,

Sorry to hear of the inconvenience the service issues have caused you. Can you tell me if you're currently able to obtain both a Wi-Fi and wired connection to the hub?

There doesn't currently appear to be an outage currently flagging in the local area

Kindest regards,

David_Bn