Menu
Sjwallace767
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping completely or on certain devices

Hi

My wifi is constantly dropping. Upwards of 10 times a day and it is having to be reset which often doesn't help.

I also get slow speeds where streaming is very pixelated or stops. 

On my wireless devices such as mobile phone or xbox it often fails to find IP address and/or tells me "internet may not be available". 

The router is the new one i only got it in october last year. 

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping completely or on certain devices

Hi Sjwallace767, 

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community 😄

Sorry for the wireless connection problems you're experiencing. I've just tested your network and I can't find any errors at the moment. How does your hard-wired connection perform? We need to establish if this is a wireless issue or a general fault with your connection. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sjwallace767
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks.

Hardwired connection isn't much better. It is easier to connect to the router this way compared to wireless but it is constantly dropping all connections and seems to struggle to get my wifi back online. I've run several tests on it myself and it always says no errors but it does drop connection often. It's only really been the last couple of months this has started. No issues before but now it's all the time

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Sjwallace767, 

Thanks for the additional info 🙂

Everything continues to look normal from our end. Does this problem affect multiple devices? What about the time of day, does that make any difference to the performance?

Speak soon, 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sjwallace767
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Multiple devices. Xbox, phones, virgin tv box etc. Everything as it's often dropping completely and not just on wireless devices. Happens more in the evening but it does happen during day too

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't done this already - try it first - it helps sort quite a few Hub3 wifi issues.   Go into the Hub3 settings... (type in  http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 into your web browser’s url box) and in "smart wifi" (if you have it)  disable "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change 'em to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them (e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) -- use the same password  if you like,  Then, save settings and restart the Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated - and you can then select the network you want to connect to individually from the "available networks" list on each device.  5 GHz is usually better and subject to less interference than the 2.4 one - although this one has the better "range" and some older/cheaper devices can only use this one.  See if that helps. 

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos