cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping at midnight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since friday, my internet seems to disconnect and stop working at around midnight. Through the day having no issues at all and getting full speeds all the day. The internet would come back on and work with no issues at 12-30am..

No settings have been touched within the router, i use wifi however this happens also using ethernet, done the usual on/off stuff. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Often the time VM do network changes. Usually only happens for a few days. Record the events on a BQM
_________

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Show0ff
On our wavelength

I’m having the exact same issue. It’s been going on for months now. 

Tried to call Virgin last week and they just blamed my 3rd party network switches. Funny though that I’m losing both LAN and WiFi. 

Playing PlayStation that’s LAN connected, lose connection mid game, check phone and WiFi gone as well. Checked router and the white light is flashing. Try PC that’s directly connected to the router (not via any 3rd party switch) and no internet connection. 

Connection and WiFi come back for 30 seconds or so then drops again. Light on the router stays solid white, but still no connection. Then it comes back and goes again on and off several times over the next 30 minutes or so before I give up and go to bed.

it’s driving me insane! 

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your broadband connection at that time, seems strange to have the issue happen at the same time.

Have you tried to sign up for a BQM as advised by @jbrennand, this can help us get to the bottom of the issues? 

Have you continued to have the same issues all week or has this stopped now?

Regards,

Steven_L