cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropouts: interesting promise by VM, should I believe it?

seunje
Dialled in

This is what I have been told today, after 2+ months of internet dropout horror show

"<name>, I am going to make few updates and changes on the acocunt to get the stable connection until the outage is fixed for that i need to clear the security checks on the account. Hence Let us quickly clear the security checks and can I take the 1st, 10th and 13th character of the password. "

it looks much more like a lie compared to other promises (which were never carried out), I almost think it may be true!

Anyway, I did set up https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/create so will see!

13 REPLIES 13

@jbrennand wrote:
BQM shows the connection was down for ~10 minutes just before 4pm. Was that VM doing something?

Since then its looking very nice.

That was VM setting up dual access point on my hub for 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

Yes, that's what the support person decided to do when I asked them to inform me whether the issue I was facing since mid July was fixed

I had to ask as in the last few weeks the service has degraded to the point I tether 4G full time.

By the way, its not looking nice at all since then, check the link:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fe007fca5bf49d93a6e524efbe33afa8ee...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sunjue, 

I can see you have another thread regarding this.

Please can you keep to one thread so we can best assist, SNR' can take a while to fix and I know this can be frustrating while trying to work, stream or game etc. I can take a look into this for you, and see what we can do for you.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

@Zoie_P wrote:

Hi Sunjue, 

I can see you have another thread regarding this.

Please can you keep to one thread so we can best assist, SNR' can take a while to fix and I know this can be frustrating while trying to work, stream or game etc. I can take a look into this for you, and see what we can do for you.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Thanks for reaching out.

Please can you keep to one thread so we can best assist

In what way me keeping to one thread helps you assisting me?

SNR' can take a while to fix and I know this can be frustrating while trying to work, stream or game etc.

The outage is much less frustrating compared to the how deceptive, opaque and incompetent Virgin Media 's handling of it is. 

Hi Seunje,

Thanks for replying, I can appreciate your frustration with this and I do apologise that it's causing so much disruption for you. 

I can see you are now chatting with Zoie in a PM, she will take care of this issue for you from now on. 

Thanks,

Megan_L