cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drop out Hub3

CathR70
Joining in

I think this is a common issue 

My connection has been reliable but since earlier this year I seem to get random drop out, not always the same day or time

my original hub was replaced in May as it stopped working (I’d had it for 3-4 years with no issues)

this week has been the worst, 3 days so far of doing the reset procedure and checking equipment via the App/Web, the answer being “no broadband detected” but no clear fault

used the WhatsApp chat service which is annoying and often by retrying the turn off, reset box a few times I end up reconnected before I get through to the technical team. 

I have asked if locally the system is overloaded (more people working from home / streaming tv etc) but no clear answer on that 

Is there any hub setting I can check myself to see what’s going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's hub status data that you can easily access and tells a certain amount (see below) but reading that data is an art for which there is no published guide, but there's a good few people here that can read hub entrails for you.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There's hub status data that you can easily access and tells a certain amount (see below) but reading that data is an art for which there is no published guide, but there's a good few people here that can read hub entrails for you.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Thank you 

Hi CathR70,

Thanks for posting and welcome to  our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've had some issues with your connection. 

I can see Andrew-G has offered some advice, how have things been since your post?

Let us know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm