cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down same time every night

Steventaylor
Tuning in

So every night around 12-1am my virgin tend to go down for about 10 minutes and nothing I can do as a gamer this is very stressful because it stops everything I’m doing consistently.

whenever I go into the app it says there is a service being done etc 

Anyway to help with this? 

17 REPLIES 17

@Dede1 wrote:

They are charging us all for poor internet service. As the point of service update is to have minimal disruption. 12.30, now 11.30 since clocks went back is not late or middle of the night. Virgin has not approached any of us or others to notify of the planned interruption as it offers customers opportunity to request service charge adjustment.  

You don’t need a charge adjustment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Peterov
Tuning in

ours is now doing the exact same thing. Every night at about 12.10am. Absolutely ridiculous!

@Peterov wrote:

ours is now doing the exact same thing. Every night at about 12.10am. Absolutely ridiculous!

As per above it’s probably maintenance work

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hello

Can we do this also? We're streamers and it going down every night is causing major issues

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you follow VM on Down Detector it does indeed go down every night without fail at around midnight. Almost certainly maintenance but does seem excessive. 

cometface
Settling in

Why is it so hard to push an update with no disruption. Literally every other provider NEVER did this. It is annoying because all I can do is just sit around like sitting duck for 15 minutes doing nothing because the internet is down. Nice. 80 quid a month for a service that cant even keep their connection up more than 95% of the time. **bleep** service and the wireless is trash. Anymore and i am not considering virgin products again.

I'm glad I found this. The exact same thing has just started here this week. Four nights out of the last five, the connection has dropped at some point after midnight.

Tonight it was 12:10am but it came back after a couple of minutes. The first time it was down for much longer and was intermittent at first when it finally did return.

If this really is maintenance then just after midnight is not a suitable time to be doing this especially with no advance warning to customers.

Hi Meanteam,

Thanks for posting and welcome to sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details, there are no area issues showinga nd your hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect. 

We do tend to perform updates early hours, so it causes less disruptions, I'm sorry if you were impacted by anything.

Please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Alex_Rm