cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down same time every night

Steventaylor
Tuning in

So every night around 12-1am my virgin tend to go down for about 10 minutes and nothing I can do as a gamer this is very stressful because it stops everything I’m doing consistently.

whenever I go into the app it says there is a service being done etc 

Anyway to help with this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Scott_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Scott_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, updates on our network tend to be ran at night to cause the least possible disturbance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Marty

So you’re saying I’m paying for internet that drops out intentionally every night? No matter what I do. 

Hi Scott, i'm going to send my details in a message aswell, as i am having the exact same problem

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/021d47c418f8919932d074ab521a1d6d38...

As you can see every evening at the same time it completely drops out

Dede1
Joining in

Internet goes down every night at 12.30pm. 
poor connection in upper house. 
getting through to virgin tech impossible. 

@Dede1 wrote:

Internet goes down every night at 12.30pm. 
poor connection in upper house. 
getting through to virgin tech impossible. 

Did you read the previous posts?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

They are charging us all for poor internet service. As the point of service update is to have minimal disruption. 12.30, now 11.30 since clocks went back is not late or middle of the night. Virgin has not approached any of us or others to notify of the planned interruption as it offers customers opportunity to request service charge adjustment.