Menu
mitch84
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet down overnight

Hi

Can someone please check my connection, last night or rather early hours of this morning I lost internet, checked hub 3 and it had a flashing green light. (hub 3 is in modem mode)

Internet went down about midnight till around 4-5am I believe.

My network log has a lot of warnings between these times.

If someone could look into this and let me know what the issue was.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet down overnight

Hi mitch84,

I've checked all of our data for the 16th but can find no loss of service reports for Hubs/modems in your area. Your Hub also reports having been connected to the CMTS for the past 40+ days. 

Might this have been some sort of power cut do you think?

If not, and if it happens again, please update on here and we'll take another look.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mitch84
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Jen_A wrote:

Hi mitch84,

I've checked all of our data for the 16th but can find no loss of service reports for Hubs/modems in your area. Your Hub also reports having been connected to the CMTS for the past 40+ days. 

Might this have been some sort of power cut do you think?

If not, and if it happens again, please update on here and we'll take another look.

Regards,

Hi

Wasn't a power outage, I just lost internet completely between midnight and sometime in the early hour's, whatever it was it was the modem side (I'm in modem mode), I know there was a lot of internet issues effecting people last week, so I presumed it could of been that. I did ring 150 and I remember an automated response about internet issues nationwide.

Anyway It's been fine since, touch wood.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mitch84,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos