cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down most of today - AGAIN!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needless to say I'm sick of that flashing green light on my "Super" hub 5.

For no reason it went down and has not come back up.

4 months now of rubbish internet, long outages and no one at Virgin Media can tell me what's going on.

Luckily after I downgraded I was in my 14 day cooling off period, so I cancelled especially after someone reading off a script in a call center in India told me an engineer could be out in 5 days (when I'm at work, my wife is at work and my son is back at school).

Virgin Media really are absolute rubbish when it comes to communicating with their customers.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check first for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

See what they report

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the point in me checking? - That's VM's job - I've done all I could do.

I'm still paying for the last month (101 quid indeed) the internet is still down with its flashing green light TV and Phone still ok, but they got the packing out for me to return the equipment soon enough when October starts and I'm officially cancelled.

I guess there are some things that VM can do quickly and only when it's of benefit to them.

Roll on Thursday when I get my new Plusnet installed and I can give the VM the big you know what!

Hi there @Anonymous, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your service which has resulted in you cancelling the service. I have checked our system and cannot see any obvious reason as to why you would be seeing an issue with the service.

We would advise customers to check the service page or service line as it does involve you entering some of your personal details. Have you now been able to check this?

Please let us know if you need anything further, we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've cancelled and got Plusnet Installed.  30 quid a month for 65Mb and a phone.  Virgin was 105 quid a month and crap internet.