cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects upstairs

Kez00
Joining in

My internet used to be amazing. I now have issues of slow connections or not connected at all when upstairs. Disconnects from various devices and causing lots of frustration for everyone. I have change box but no difference . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What "box" have you changed - for what?

I assume you mean problems are on wifi connections?

What Hub model do you have? Are connections on ethernet cable all working fine?

Are wifi connections fine when you are sat close to the Hub ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What "box" have you changed - for what?

I assume you mean problems are on wifi connections?

What Hub model do you have? Are connections on ethernet cable all working fine?

Are wifi connections fine when you are sat close to the Hub ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s a hub 3.0 internet box. Sometimes even when you are next to the hub it doesn’t work great either. Tv etc is all fine as connected  with the Ethernet . 

thanks for the reply. 

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kez00

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. From a system check ran, this requires a technician as some of your upstream levels are out of spec.

I'll send a PM now to get the details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @Kez00

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked, altered etc in your online account

Let us know how it goes

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill