cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnects then reconnects

mrkrtch84
Tuning in

3 or 4 times a day my internet will just randomly disconnect then reconnect for about 5 minutes then run absolutely fine. It’s WiFi and Ethernet connections. It’s a hub 4 1gb. Very frustrating as have been kicked out of many things randomly and I can’t seem to find any solutions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mrkrtch84,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having, our system has advised an intermittent issue that should be resolved very soon.

How has your connection been running since you last posted?

If you could also set up a BQM as the community members have advised, this can help us diagnose any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

My connection still drops out a few times a day for 5 minutes each time. I have noticed now that the routers light blinks slowly white when this is happening which makes me think it may be the router its self.

I have set up a BQM with the link supplied but I am far from understanding any of it 😅

For the BQM, post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mrkrtch84,

I am sorry for any issues with your internet, please do let us know what your BMQ chart is showing.

Also have you tried testing your wired connection? If so does this disconnect often?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have the BQM running and it’s showing about 4/5 drop outs a day. I’m not really sure what that means. And it’s both wired and wireless it’s happening. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mrkrtch84,

Thanks for your response although I'm sorry for the issues faced with your service.

From checking our services I can see there are some network stability issues with your system.

I've dropped you a PM so we can go through some further details.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM mrkrtch84,

That appointment is now booked in for you!

Let us know how you get on after!

Take care,

Kain