cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnection every night - comes back on around 10am

djwiltsh
Tuning in

Hi

Every night for the last 10 days our connection drops out at around 11pm, and fixes itself at around 10am the next day with no intervention. We have a superhub 3, light goes green and flashes, internet connection light also flashes. We use the hub in modem mode, so wifi is not affected, but we have no connection to the internet.

Had a technician visit, checked signal strength, changed some connectors, added a powered booster. Still the same problem, exactly the same times, after that.

Given the timing, it can't be related to the physical connectivity right? It must be something at a network level.

Can anyone help?

14 REPLIES 14

It's getting worse, broke at 8pm last night and is still down now. It makes working from home really tricky 😞

The router says it is "updating" when trying to login this morning - do VM push updates to routers? Could it be a dodgy software update that keeps retrying?

I have a technician booked for tomorrow, but not very hopeful as I've already had one visit and the problem remains.

And now the router has reset itself and gone back to the default password. Would that point to router issues?

Hello djwiltsh,

I am sorry this has happened again. 

I think its best if we replaced the Hub for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security to arrange this.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi all

Just to close this one off, we had a second technician visit who identified a problem with the cable from the street to our house, which had to be replaced

Connection is now much better, thanks for all the help!

Glad to hear this issue has finally been resolved @djwiltsh

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs