cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cutting out

Jbear1234
Joining in

My hub3 has a solid orange light and my internet keeps cutting in and out, can somebody help

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Orange light is just a failing cheap LED nothing to do with yiur issues.

So, Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady orange or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Yes it also affects gaming which is connected by ethernet. The light is just a solid orange the whole time. 

I have turned the hub on and off and used the pinhole reset on the back. After it reboots the same problem is still happening 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK lets see the Hub connection data - can you do this

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. dont log in just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) of the Login page.

Then Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts
Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

When I type this address in it sends me to a Sky Hub page? I am definitely connected to Virgin...

Summary Status

We configure your Sky Hub with all the settings to enable it to work straight away. Advanced users will find links below to common settings you may wish to change.

Also when I run a speed test on thinkbroadband it shows my ISP as Sky and 2.78mb/s speed...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"ISP as Sky" in that case you have the wrong WAN IP address.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi,

Any reason why this would be switched? Virgin was working yesterday. How do I have them fix it?

Glad I kept my old broadband installed and am not relying on Virgin yet

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey jbear1234, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum and glad to see you on board with our services.
A warm welcome as well from us in the community 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the connection issues you've experienced recently, we'd love to best assist with this issue.
An orange light on your hub would indicate there is a service however the signal levels on the wireless network may be a bit low, which could cause some drop outs and impact the overall service if long-lasting.
You can find more details about the Wi Fi issues and how to resolve them here.

This problem could also be resolved by adding our Wi Fi pods potentially, however this would require some checks to be performed.
Please, visit our page here for more on this.
Are you using our VM Connect App where you can scan the house for weak / blind spots and see if you need a signal booster to restore this issue?

Please, let us know how you get on and if you've managed to improve this so far or you still need some help - happy to support you.

In regard to the issue with the BQM graph you tried to do as seen above, can you please check if you're connected to the VM hub and not the sky hub while opening that on your browser?

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Internet worked ok for a couple of days but now it is dropping every minute or two then reconnecting, making it completely unusable.