cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cutting out/lagging -Wi-Fi and Ethernet

TN47
Joining in

Internet keeps cutting out on Ethernet and Wi-Fi. Ongoing issue since I’ve had it installed, don’t know what I’m paying for with such a poor service. Just looking for someone from virgin to help me please, been sent pillar to post trying to sort this and it’s been very frustrating trying to find answers or to get a engineer sent out. 

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey TN47, thanks for reaching out on our community forum and a warm welcome on board.

We're sorry to hear of the poor connection and the drop outs you've been experiencing with your broadband service, glad to best assist with these.

Could you please first let us know if you've checked our service status page here for area faults that may be affecting you?

Also, could you share more info as to what checks have been performed so far over your previous contacts with our team?

Lastly, could you confirm which speed tier you're currently on and if you have weak/blind spots in the house where the wireless signal is low or none-existent?
Are you using any WiFi pods or boosters or any other 3rd party equipment at all?

Please, let us know of the above and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
setup a BQM
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @TN47

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your broadband.

Have you been able to run the BQM as of yet? Are you also able to advise further on the questions my colleague Adri_G has asked above - please do keep us updated with how you're getting on 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team

I’m still having the issue, I’ve done the thing where I have to test my connection and if it’s not fixed with it 24 hours then you will send out an engineer. However, when I do this it says it’s okay so I can not book a one. It’s not the area as this has been going on since it’s been installed November last year, it’s just been such a struggle to get to the bottom of it and I’m wondering what am I paying for. 

I’m on 300mbps, when I am gaming or just using Wi-Fi on my phone it constantly cuts out. After a long days work I just want to unwind and game with my pals but this has become impossible. I’m using Ethernet. Quite frankly it’s beyond a joke I’m paying for a service and am not being provided the service. It’s like going to a restaurant paying for a 3 course meal and only receiving the starter. All I’m asking is for an engineer to fix this problem. 

i have done some research and found that a lot of users have the same problem with the same router 

Hi TN47, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 

We'd love to take a look in to things further for you but have been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. We will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team