Menu
Highlighted
GZKXBL
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet cutting out for a few seconds throughout the day and high ping while gaming

So my Internet has been fine for months now but for the past 3 days my Internet has been cutting out for a few seconds throughout the day and when it does I get disconnected from xbox live. 

When it doesn't cut out I've been experiencing really high ping and high packet loss and I'm lagging all over the place. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cutting out for a few seconds throughout the day and high ping while gaming

Is it your "internet" connection that is dropping or just your wifi connection? That is, how is the xbox connected to the Hub and what happens on other wifi connected and ethernet connected devices at the same time?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GZKXBL
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cutting out for a few seconds throughout the day and high ping while gaming

My xbox is connected through an Ethernet connection. 

Its both because my xbox will disconnect from xbox live and if I'm watching something on my phone it will stop playing at the exact same time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GZKXBL,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the internet whilst gaming.

Are you still having problems since you last posted?

If so, when you're not gaming, does the internet cut out on your other devices?

Does the same happen when you just gaming and where no other devices are using the internet?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos