cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cuts out every night at 12am - 1am

Callumms
On our wavelength

We have had 5 engineers around our house and 4 of them helped by replacing all cables and connecters in my house and the last one did nothing and he just drove off without saying anything. 

We also get packet loss which makes my important online collage classes impossible to attend

is there any easy way to get a engineer out to check the box on the end of my street?

We will be moving broadband if this issue is not fixed as it has almost been a year 

BQM Graph 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

dbrjrievcdhdkeb
On our wavelength

I have the same issue. Internet is fine all day but consistently fails between 1am and 2am, sometimes for a few minutes, usually for 30-45 minutes. VM's network status webpage says there's no outage (except on the days when that page is down too, returning the "Oops something's broken" page instead). 

This has happened for the last five days and intermittently over many months; it is disrupting my work schedule and my partner's leisure time.

I'm guessing that either VM's Network Management System is polling my hub with a firmware/software update, or it's a network health check that's inadvertently causing a hub/network glitch, or it's some other planned event that VM won't admit to allowing.

However, queries and complaints to VM (via live chat and phone) get nowhere, leading to ridiculously bad customer service that verges on gaslighting - endlessly going back to power cycling the hub, cable management, and other 'solutions' that clearly do not match the fault/complaint when it only happens at 1am.

Please sort it out, or release me from my contract so that I can go to an ISP that provides internet when I need it.

Thank you,
Duncan 

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

(You'd be best starting your own thread for this so VM can keep track)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@dbrjrievcdhdkeb Hi Duncan, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your connection. As advised already it would be best to create your own thread with as much info as possible - however on this occasion I've taken a look into it and can see there are some issues with the hub's specs that will likely require the attention of an engineer. 

If you get back to me via PM (just look out for the purple envelope) we'll be able to get a visit arranged for you.

Tom

Yes, I've started a new thread already, as advised. It contains monitoring data showing 100% packet loss at 1:20am every day and post-RS error rates in the hundreds of millions when they should be zero. Please don't respond further on this thread. Thanks.