cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cuts off for hours

hookroad_280a
On our wavelength

Hi All,

I'm very disappointed with my new 200mbps broadband installed on the 26th March 2021, less than a week ago.

It worked fantastic for 2 days, speeds topping 200mbps. Was happy with wifi range in all the place I use wifi.

Sadly only 3 days later it cut off completely. TV was ok, phone and broad band dead. Green solid light at the bottom, green solid wifi light and flashing green arrows. Tried the usual reset. I did not reset using the little hole however. No internet for 2 days.

Made an appointment for 1st of May, but it fixed itself a few hours before appointment, so I cancelled.

Sadly the same day it stopped working. Came back on the next day, which is today, and now off again a few hours later. It's still off. Have another appointment on the 4th of may.

My sister next door also has virgin, her internet in fine.

Anything I can do?

Thanks.

62 REPLIES 62

Morning hookroad_280a, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I have forwarded the details over to the Area Manager to see if we can get someone out for you ASAP. 

As it stands, as the fault is still in play, if we book a general engineer appointment, it would be cancelled so this is the next step to take. As soon as they have come back to me, I will let you know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @hookroad_280a

The Area Manager came back quite quickly 🙂 

I have booked an appointment for you but can you please check if this is suitable by logging in to My Virgin Media and checking 🙂 

Pop back here and let me know if it is suitable. If not, I can reschedule with the Area Manager for you 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

they came and connected the backup phone box. they said everything is ok. the internet and phone line have cut off again, i needed to use the phone but it's says the same thing, there is fault - so i guess the back up phone thing is not still working.

thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hookroad_280a

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

When you say the backup phone is not working, is this something the engineers provided you with?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

it was part of the package as I was not happy that the phone runs off the internet, I said what if there is a power cut or something. so the sales man said I would provide you with a battery backup, it's called a brunside tx-series fixed cellular terminal.

it's a bit stupid really as if there was a power cut it would not power our cordless phone I think.

from what I can guess if used in conjunction with a corded phone in the event of a power cut (or internet cut in this case) it would work, and it did work as I dialled my own mobile from it when we first got it, it was working. it's basically a box that uses a SIM, so the Virgin mobile network to make calls through your normal home phone. for some reason it's not making calls anymore. the engineer did not simulate a failed internet connection to test it (internet was working when he was here), if he did he would have got the message 'there is a problem with your phone service'.

but anyway more important is to fix the internet which has been off for a number of hours again today. any news if it will be fixed tomorrow?

009241e87dfef0b175ce93380fec5f5157448810-26-05-2021.png

Internet has been off all day today

009241e87dfef0b175ce93380fec5f5157448810-27-05-2021.png

Hey @hookroad_280a,

I'm really sorry to hear and see of your ongoing issues.

I have been able to look into your account and you are having issues with your up and downstream channels that would need a technician visit to resolve the problem.

I need to confirm a few details via a private message before we can book this in for you, I will drop the message over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven - I have an appointment for the 31st may already. I guess that's the earliest I can get. I will make sure they check it first before they leave. It's all a little strange my sister next door has had virgin for years with no problems, Im being patient because I know once it gets fixed it should be ok - but someone new to virgin and no other way to get internet would have gone crazy with phone and internet down for nearly a month. The tv works fine though!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hookroad_280a,

Thanks for the details, please do let us know how it goes with your appointment on the 31st.

We really appreciate your patience in getting your internet issue resolved, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Glad to hear your TV is working fine though 🙂

Please keep us updated,

Thanks,

Serena