cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cut off at midnight 00:00 on the 13th and 14/02

bubbleshoot
On our wavelength

My internet cut off at midnight at 00:00 13 and 14/02. Boths nights, around the same time.

My game on Overwatch ofcourse got cancelled and counted as losses, as this counts towards a ban, it means i lose More SR.

I have not yet had any feedback from Virgin Media as to what caused this and how it can be averted in the future.

What can you do regarding my losses incurred on Overwatch + the lost downtime with the internet? Apparently you're a provider who can provide the best reliability and internet speeds.

18 REPLIES 18

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It happened to many customers in many locations on those dates/times (including me) . Some issues they were fixing on the Network was the message given out on the "0800 Status Line".

They will do nothing regarding any "losses" or lost downtime on a residential package - see this for more details

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bubbleshoot

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened! Can I ask if you have had any more incidents since your last post? 

If so have you been able to check the service status line when this has occurred as suggested by @jbrennand

Thank you. 

Your service status functionality was not working also.

No, no other issues as of yet.

I have not yet received any further response from Virgin, friday is the final day of the issue SLA. In previous experiences, this is ignored/fobbed off by the Virgin Media team as a tool to shoo off the customer.

Ideally this is investigated and resolved. I am paying a premium for the 350mb, we shouldn't be get poor/none quality connection dropouts without no understanding as to why.

As expected. Virgin Media have failed to get back in touch with me by friday.

No sign of an investigation. No sign of a rresponse. Not even an attempt to respond to the incident ticket via email.

The support ticket raised, as previously experienced, is a tool by VM to fob off the customer. Not noce have they got back in touch with me regarding faults.

Not once.

Absolutely poor service provided by an internet service provider.

As @jbrennand advises, some issues have been affecting large numbers of customers this week, but because VM are as open to admitting fault as Bozo the Clown, it's impossible to know what's local and what's national.  On my own connection, reliability has been diabolical, with outages of 2-4 hours Tuesday evening, early Wednesday morning, Thursday evening, late Friday evening into early Saturday morning (somewhere around 12 loss of connection events making up these failures).   Three peak time failures in a week and double digit loss of connection occurrences is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

We'll see what happens over the weekend, but I'm going to raise a complaint anyway with the company asking them to resolve the poor reliability, not with any expectation that it'll generate anything other than a fob-off response using drop down responses, but because if the reliability problems continue or recur, then the original complaint can be used as a starting date with respect to a possible CISAS escalation.  CISAS won't be able to force VM to fix network performance problems, but if it doesn't improve then I can at least ask for release from my fixed term contract without penalty.   

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.   

Hi @bubbleshoot, thanks for you reply once again.

I can thoroughly appreciate your disappointment regarding this issue, although thankfully you've not had any further issues since your post - at least it would not appear so.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to inform customers generally for the reasons caused behind network dropouts, as our priority is to get these fixed as soon as possible and I'm pleased that we have done so for you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disruption caused and just for your reassurance, I've ran further checks on your line and all seems well going forwards.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom,

Just because it hasn't occurred again (at least to my knowledge), does not mean the root cause has been found, and that it has been rectified.

To me, this has not yet been fixed - I have not recieved a response as of yet from Virgin Media regarding the issue that were raised with the technical team.

fyi spectators of this post, still no response from virgin media...