cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection patchy

clairesmith108
Joining in

Hello, our Internet connection is very patchy, it keeps going on and off. We are meant to be on the fastest broadband,  but clearly not. Please can you look jnto this for me,

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's happening a lot when my daughter is on the ipad playing Roblox, it keeps kicking her out and says to check the Internet connection. And it often happens when I'm looking at my emails on my phone, saying there's no Internet connection. 

We had a new wifi box 2 weeks ago. It's the one with a light around the top?

Hi @clairesmith108,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some connection issues lately. Are these issues ongoing today? If so, are you able to confirm if your wired connection is also impacted or just wireless/Wi-Fi? This can help us to narrow down what the problem is.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Yes its still terrible today. My husband is currently in the phone to yourselves complaining about it. The lady he is speaking to is saying that the hub needs to be replaced, but it's only 3 weeks old or so? 

We don't use it as wired, only wireless.

She has just told us to switch off at the mains ,but this has just cut our call off!!! Not getting anywhere very fast...

Hi @clairesmith108 thanks for your reply to us, although I'm sorry issues are still occurring and your call was cut off.
Okay thanks for the clarity - we don't guarantee a wifi performance unfortunately, as there are many external factors that influence wifi speeds (primarily the device that you're using). For broadband speeds, we only guarantee a wired connection speed as advised here.

Is it range that's a problem, does the signal struggle in certain areas of the house or is it the speed that's the main factor?

Many thanks

Tom_W