cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping

Davey-uk
Tuning in
  • Hi, my WiFi signal is strong but connection is regularly intermittent. Unless I reboot the modem, and then sometimes it only takes a few days then it goes back to intermittent connection this is through ethernet (buffering) as well.
  • We're using hub 3, there is only one other neighbour in our street using virgin and we're on a different channel to them.
  •  We've no problem with the speed when the service is running correctly. 
13 REPLIES 13

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Davey-uk
Tuning in

Hi, thanks for your response, details are below. Hope this helps, thanks again.

Router status.pngDownstream.pngupstream.pngnet 1.pngnet2.pngnet3.pngnet4.pngthink.png

Hi Davey-uk

Sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking the connection there does appear to be issues with the power levels on the downstream channels, this will require a visit to resolve. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange this.

Rob

Good morning, we did have a technician call around and do a temporary fix by adding an attenuator to the line, it has helped, but the problem still persists. He stated that Virgin media would be in touch within the week to make arrangements for the fault to be resolved. I've not had any further communication.

I've had this problem for months, thinking it was my devices that needed replacing until I went to stay at friends for a few days and had no problem whatsoever with their Internet connection.

Thanks again for your help, regards David. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Davey-uk,

Rob is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to pick up.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Davey-uk, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service. 

Can you create a BQM here and let us know the results?

How is the service since posting? ^Chris. 

Hi, service is a little better but still disconnecting and buffering when streaming. Thanks for help.b4583529cd642ae202a83d0755a289d6bbf76300-20-03-2023.png

Hi Davey-uk, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that it is still disconnecting, can you confirm if anything has changed since posting on Monday?

I have looked at the area and can see that there are no outages in the area. 

Please let me know if there is still an issue?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Yes, there was still loss of connection several times yesterday