cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection intermittent

islawhiz
Joining in

Hi

I work online as a therapist using zoom on a Mac book pro.

The last few weeks my internet connection keeps being unstable, it's worsened over the last few days. I cannot work like this. 

I am unable to contact virgin by phone as the number won't work on my phone. I need to get this sorted urgently but don't know what to do. The router has all the right lights, I don't know if its affecting my phone, I don't think so.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection.

What Hub model is it aand what colour are the various lights and do they flash.

What year model of MBP do you have? Does it have an ethernet port? Newer ones dont

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi I just wrote you a message and it all got wiped and I was told something didn't match up, its really irritating.

Thank you for replying.

I've tried all the turn off and service checks, its supposed to be alright but its not.

Power light is on on router no flashing lights. Its a virgin hub 3. Don't know what an ethernet cable socket looks like.

I can't get through on an 0345 number and I don't have a virgin phone or any other to call 150 on. 

Virgin website survey suggests I can email virgin but I haven't managed to find an email address. Do you know a normal number I can call or an email help address?

Isla

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in on 0345 454 1111. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

md009a3226
On our wavelength

You are probably in the right place to pick up clients- we all need therapy after trying to get in touch with a human at virgin!! 

All that being the case - if you are reliant on internet for your business then you should ideally get a business connection - these have SLAs in place to guarantee fixes - residential doesn't!

This is not unique to VM.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @islawhiz

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services.

Did you manage to speak with the technical support team? If not we can take a look over this for you.

Kind regards,

Zak_M