cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping regularly for the last 6 weeks

holonic_being
Joining in

Been having problems with my internet connection dropping for around 6 weeks. It tends to happen around 5-10 times a day and it takes about 5 minutes to restore itself. It can especially seem to happen at night.

The white light at the bottom of the router flashes for around 1-2 minutes, then becomes a flashing green light for about 30 seconds. I then have a solid green wi-fi light and flashing green arrows for about 30 seconds, which eventually turn into solid green lights. The green wi-fi light and the green arrows remain sold for about 3 minutes, then the green arrows disappear and the green wi-fi light also does after about 30 seconds.

Sometimes the procedure can occur following 3 red lights flashing.

4 Virgin Media engineers have called up to now, including a senior tech guy, but the issue continues. I’ve had my router replaced and I think all my wiring. Certainly the wiring from my outside box to the router and the wiring inside the house.

According to the engineers there doesn't appear to be any issue at Virgin's end. Two nearby neighbours are also with Virgin and they don't have the issue.

Very frustrated at Virgin’s service, with a line manager not getting back to me about it. He said he’d oversee the situation and ring me the following day, but he’s still not contacted 8 days later despite the continuation of the problem.

Can anyone suggest what might be the issue? Any help to resolve this very much appreciated. It's driving me crazy.

Phil

41 REPLIES 41

Thanks John. Do get back to me please. With what you're saying it sounds like the guy in the 'faults' department didn't deal with the issue correctly again. 😞

Hi @holonic_being

I've received an update so will PM you now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill