cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection down again SN4

JRS69
Tuning in

Hi

My broadband has been dropping out almost every day for while and at least 4 times in the last 24 hours, looking at the logs and status shown below, can anyone please advise what is likely to be the route cause? 

JRS69_0-1630282246410.png

JRS69_1-1630282343274.png

JRS69_3-1630282477236.png

4 REPLIES 4

JRS69
Tuning in

Hi Virgin Media

Please help with this my broadband is down yet again, been trying to ring but just hanging on so updating my post to state that the service I am paying for is again not available.

Error log below

JRS69_0-1630317605120.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked on the two places that VM report known faults?

The “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), and the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Thanks for the info, doesn't seem to be any issues in my area, and as its just failed again I will try and report as a fault.

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JRS69,

I can see you have been discussing your connection in a different thread and we have PM, 'd you. 

Please keep to one thread so we can best assist you. 

Zoie