Menu
battack
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet been out for going on 6 days now - no help from Virgin

Hi,

My internet has been off for just about 6 days now. Virgin have said the fault is in my general area but only seems to be affecting me (asked 5 others on my street and they're having no issues). Each time I've rang them they've not specified what it is and have given multiple wrong answers for when it will be fixed. On the service down website there is no indication this is a problem for anyone else but me as it says internet in my area is fine.

I need internet at my home for work so this has been a huge inconvenience for me and my family and I've already had to spend money out of my own pocket to purchase more phone data.

Please can someone actually give me a concrete answer on my situation as everyone I've spoken to on the phone have been very unhelpful and condescending.

Thanks, 

Brandon.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet been out for going on 6 days now - no help from Virgin

Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
battack
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

After a few calls to them they gave me the number you've posted and that says it's all clear. This is why I'm finding it very strange when they say there's people working on it but seemingly the problem is only affecting me after they continue to say it's a problem for all.

They've mentioned the compensation stuff and that's all good and proper but I just want my internet back!

Thanks,

Brandon.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully a VM mod will pick this up in a day or so (or a VIP can ping them) and let you know exactly what the issue is.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
battack
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the help John!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi battack,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that you've been without your broadband for 6 days now, and haven't been given much further information about the potential issue in your area. I can understand that you'd like some more information on what is going on.

I'll need to take a look at your account to understand what is happening, so I'll pop you a private message now.

I'll speak to you there.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos