cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet & TV down

Sebslee123
Joining in

Since yesterday 28/01 around 6/7pm internet & tv gone down no channels usable at all on tv not even freeview channels, blinking white ‘internet light’ on tv box & blinking green light on Wi-Fi router,  

having to use phone data to check area service status, changes on the app from ‘hoping to have this fixed by’ 3am on the 29/01 to 12pm to now 6pm on the 29/01 

done all the basic stuff with cables plugging in etc no difference, 

virgin seem to make it very difficult to contact anyone & even report the complete loss of service was hard to navigate to 

6 REPLIES 6

Sebslee123
Joining in

Ex2 6df postcode area 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Nothing shown by post code using : https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Try on 0800 561 0061 for the automated local faults info.   If still no known fault report the outage.

Rang 0800 561 0061 

said ‘we’ve found the fault engineers are trying to fix the issue should be fixed by 6pm’ had to ring from own mobile as phone line also doesn’t work 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could check with any neighbours to confirm if the service is down.

Could be as simple as a blown amplifier in the cabinet. If it is then networks will usually pre-calibrate a new amp off site. Then just turn up, unplug the old one & plug in the new one in a matter of minutes.

If they don’t fix it until Monday you are due compensation for loss of service.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Sebslee123.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with services due to the local fault.

Can I please ask how are the services now.

If you need me to look into this, let me know and I can send you a private message to check the account.

Gareth_L