cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access denied

Nik616
Tuning in

Hi,

As of last night my internet access cut out completely, starting "internet access denied" (when logged into the router settings page). I have tried multiple reboots, resetting the router, changing various settings and ensuring all cable are properly connected, but nothing is working.

The router itself is constantly flashing the green double arrows. Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nik616,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your internet service. We can understand your concern and want to best help. I have had a look into your service and I can see there is currently an SNR outage that may be affecting your service. Our team has been made aware of this and is currently working to resolve the issue. The estimated fix time for this is  13 DEC 2022 09:00. Please let us know if the issue persists after this and we will do our best to further look into this issue.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, @Akua_A,

I have done multiple reboots and resets of my router today in the hope that this issue would be resolved, but it is not. The situation remains the same as before. I have an engineer booked to check my service tomorrow, hopefully they can get it working again.

Hi @Nik616, thanks for your reply.

How was everything after the technician visit?

Please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, My service was mostly restored late on Tuesday. Mostly in that i now have internet access. I therefore cancelled the engineer visit. However, my ping is higher than it used to be and I am not getting the speed I am paying for. I've done a couple of reboots/resets since to try to get it back to normal, but it's consistently worse than it was before I initially lost service. Should this continue into the weekend I will be escalating this further.

Hi Nik616, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am happy to see that things have now improved and there is no longer a need for an engineer. 

How did the service behave over the weekend?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Both my speed and ping have yet to improve. I will be calling customer services tomorrow to escalate this.

I've called customer service and they've stated that there's an ongoing outage in my area and it won't be fixed until 27th Dec.

Slightly annoyingly, the representative over the phone didn't seem to listen when I told them I had already done multiple resets/reboots and that I am technical enough to understand my router settings, as they kept suggesting that I reset the router again to "improve" the speeds. This will not make a difference and simply wastes time

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nik616 

If there's a known ongoing outage then VM can't do anything until that is resolved. It may be that the outage is causing your issues.

To kep up to date on the outage you can call  the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems thatn the online status checker and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali