cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access denied problem

woodsandhills
Joining in

Since we've had Virgin, we've had problems with WiFi drop outs, e.g. "your Internet connection is unstable".

Yesterday we were supposed to be having essential work in the area carried out by Virgin to improve. But this happened before and still Internet problems.

But wondering why today, the Internet has gone altogether with the Hub saying "Internet : access denied"

I have ran all the diagnostics and nothing is helping.

Phoned 150 and they said the work is still being carried out. Is my Internet going to improve? Am I ever going to get back on? Should I have stayed with Sky? 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@woodsandhills wrote:

Since we've had Virgin, we've had problems with WiFi drop outs, e.g. "your Internet connection is unstable".

<snip>

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150, hopefully when the works are completed you will have your Broadband restored.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey Adduxi,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to hear you have been facing connection issues after the area issue was resolved, I have had a look at your account and can see you did speak to us and we advised you to do a pin reset, I can see everything your end is all in the green no issues showing at all so I can only assume the Pin hole reset worked.

If this isn't the case and you are still facing the same issues please do not hesitate to reach back out to us?

Regards

Paul.

Hello

It is because there were ongoing maintenance on the virgin line that we were having the problem. Not because of the pin reset. The work should have been done on Monday but we had intermittent problems Tuesday and yesterday also. Had a text to say that they had finished the work today. 

Wasn't happy though that we were without internet for most of Tuesday with not much information which is what led me to make this post and call Virgin helpline. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @woodsandhills,

Is everything working now sorry? Just want to make sure.

Was you looking to raise a complaint regarding the area fault? We do always do everything we can to fix this, we do not plan for this to happen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @woodsandhills,

Is everything working now sorry? Just want to make sure.

Was you looking to raise a complaint regarding the area fault? We always do what we can to fix an area fault, this is not something we plan but we aim to amend it asap.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

We are here woodsandhills if you do need anything else at all 

Gareth_L

Hello

Seems to be fixed now but I was not happy about the near whole day and other moments where I was unable to get on as I use the Internet a lot for work and happened to need it for teaching via video meeting but had to cancel. 

We're terribly sorry for any inconvenience and distress this may have caused you.

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further issues with the connection and we will investigate this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn