cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet(Partial Service (DS only)) HELP

Mallaeus
Joining in

Our internet has been up and down for a week or so. dropping out completely then coming in at full speed, then dipping.

I reset the Hub 3 and then logged in to our page to change the wifi name again and noticed that it came up with Internet(Partial Service (DS only)).

What is this and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Lee

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to clarify, are these issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

And what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Having logged in to our hub, it is saying that there are WiFi connection problems.

I have not tried using anything ethernet connected, but when the WiFi drops, so does the Internet to our TP Link powerline adapter downstairs.

Also, most of the time I've checked, just the solid white light on the box cable seen. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mallaeus!

Welcome to our Community. We're happy you joined us and already posted in the forums!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your WiFi connection!

A big thank-you to our VIP @jbrennand for providing very useful information for monitoring your connection.

Can you tell us if you've taken a look at the monitoring techniques mentioned on this thread, @Mallaeus? These may be very useful to see if there are any ongoing stability and performance issues.

We managed to find your account using the forum details listed, but before I can book a technician for you, would you be able to check your cabling for me?

Check all cabling going into and out of the Hub to make sure it's all secure and connected.

Please let me know if this has helped, if not, we'll be able to book a technician for you.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @paulina_z 

I have just set up the monitor and I will check the cables later tonight and let you know. 

It is still displaying DS Only and the speed is erratic at best. If I reboot the router itll pull in at 110 mb, but then within 10 minutes it'll be down to 35 - 45.

Thank you.

I'll be in tocuh soon.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mallaeus!

Not a problem.

Keep us updated on your issue and we'll be able to her further if needed.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Paulina_z

I have checked all the cables and they seem fine. again I have set up the monitor, will give it another couple of hours and then post here.

Hi @Paulina_z 

As I posted earlier, all cables are well connected.

Here is the current Monitor graph.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/396543f29f109bf9296a3314654eddcc9bf21d42-09-03-2021

c451188e7021f36d758009f5fdd8a80f81da93b5.png