cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Keeps Dropping

tepark
On our wavelength

Hi Guys,

We have been having an issue for a few days where our internet keeps dropping out. For example we will lose connectivity to places like Google or Amazon for a few seconds then the connection is restored. During this outage we are not able to ping google (yes Google does respond to Echo Requests, and I know this is a very basic test but it helps demonstrate the issue).

Today we had a complete loss of Broadband, Phone and TV. Once it had been restored we had continued issues for a while (really slow speed and dropping more often than normal). We are now into the evening and know the Virgin Media Status page states that everything is working and no issues reported. However myself and one of my Neighbours (that I know has Virgin) are still experiencing drops in connections. 

Now I understand issues happen, however considering the amount £££ we are charged for the service currently the drops in service is extremely disappointing that we are currently still having connection issues.. 

This happens regardless of being connected via Ethernet (directly connected to Virgin Router) or Wifi.

Virgin Media please can this be sorted out!

When my internet connection works without issue and free from interruption I am normally a very happy customer.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tepark
On our wavelength

Hi Chris,

Thank you for checking in. I have left it a few days to make sure all is good and I can confirm for the moment all is working well. 

it’s just a shame we had 3-4 days of different issues. I also didn’t get a text to notify me once the issue was resolved although it said I was setup to get the updates via text. I can only assume that because the original issue was reopened a new text wasn’t sent out on the second resolution.

It’s a shame as this has left me not as satisfied with the service as I was. With city fibre going live in my area soon with the same speed offering as yourselves it might well be looking into this as an alternative as a result of the recent issues.
regards, 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

tepark
On our wavelength

Hi Virgin,

the “fault” is now showing up for my area this evening stating it’s hoped to be fixed by 17:00 on the 3rd November. This is the second fault in the last 2 days. As far as I am concerned the original fault that started on Monday hasn’t been fixed. 
Shocking service.

Dean455
Settling in

I altogether like your gave limits as the post you passed on has some extraordinary data which is completely significant for me.

www.crediblebh.com

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @tepark,

Welcome back! Thanks for the update.

I am sorry for the issues with your internet, I understand that when it is dropping it is not ideal.

I located your account, I can see the area fault is no longer showing. Can you please do a pinhole reset on your Hub?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tepark
On our wavelength

Hi Hayley,

this issue may have been fixed last night but again this morning our interest is down and your site is reporting problems with Broadband, TV and phone. 

40B73B0B-0EFE-408C-ADC7-ADE787B9591E.png

By the fact you site also tells me I am already registered for updates I can only guess this is the same incident. Maybe instead of changing the status of this issue to fixed each day it should be left and tested to make sure it’s resolved. Telling customers something is resolved when it’s not is decreases customer satisfaction.

to top it off you are “making improvements” in our area next we so we have to put up with interruptions again.

regards, 

Hi tepark, thanks for the reply. I am sorry to see that there was another issue and this is not the experience which we want you to have. I can see that the fix time has now passed, can you confirm fi this has been resolved or if there is still an issue with the connection? - Chris

tepark
On our wavelength

Hi Chris,

Thank you for checking in. I have left it a few days to make sure all is good and I can confirm for the moment all is working well. 

it’s just a shame we had 3-4 days of different issues. I also didn’t get a text to notify me once the issue was resolved although it said I was setup to get the updates via text. I can only assume that because the original issue was reopened a new text wasn’t sent out on the second resolution.

It’s a shame as this has left me not as satisfied with the service as I was. With city fibre going live in my area soon with the same speed offering as yourselves it might well be looking into this as an alternative as a result of the recent issues.
regards, 

Glad to hear it's now working tepark,

I'm sorry for the experience you've had, please do let us know if you need help with anything else.

Alex_Rm